ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

What I did on National Day

Surprisingly, I actually had quite a good time yesterday. My husband went to Kulai with his mom and aunt so I went to my mom's place about 9 in the morning. My mom wanted to go to NTUC to buy some stuff for the "roti kirai" that she wanted to make that day. My dad was still snoring away, so I offered to send her. I swiped my dad's car keys and off we went. Zahid tagged along too.

I had not driven my dad's manual matrix for quite some time and it takes quite a bit of getting used to. I am so glad that I spent the first 5 years of my driving experience driving a manual car. That's why I always always advocate that a newly licensed driver should always always drive a manual car first. Otherwise you will forget! I know you guys have heard me spouting this often enough. But I'm going to spout some more anyway. Look at me, after a year of driving my automatic Corolla, I am already so unsteady... I was driving upslope on 2nd gear when the gear gave out. Haiya.. I had to change down, and stop the car. Pull up the handbrake, and move off from a steep slope! Dah lama tak buat kerja macam tu.... It actually brought back memories of driving the old 1985 Sunny on the steep hills of NUS... he he he...

Anyway, I digressed. At the market, I did some shopping. I bought my husband 2 pairs of shorts (that look just like a quicksilver pair that he has at home) for $3 each! Of course they are imitation.. but who the heck cares?

Then, while my mom shopped, Zahid and I decided to have breakfast at Mr Prata. Zahid bought cheese and egg prata and I ordered thosai masala (even though I already had something to eat at my mom's place before we left! My appetite has gone back up...) Then something nearly happened. I did not realise that the leg of my chair was very close to the step at the coffeshop. Luckily a kind stranger alerted me. Otherwise I would have fallen a minute or so later.... Alhamdulillah nothing like that happened!

I just wasted the rest of the day away, it was so fun! At 1pm, we watched the Malay movie that starred Erra Fazira and her husband. I think it's called "Hingga ke Hujung Nyawa". We had a lot of fun criticising the lead character and praising the actor that played her dad. He is simply fantastic! At 3pm, I think I snored away on my sister's bed. At 5 plus, we were criticising the screaming people on tv (those who lead the crowds at the National Day parade).

At 6, my husband was back, and we were all glued in front of the tv, again talking about the NDP. Then hubby and I decided to go out to buy Hagen Daaz ice-cream (sudden craving). I even put on a red shirt for kicks! Outside, we actually caught sight of the fireworks in Tampines. Beautiful! And the armoured tanks passed us too... I think I would have enjoyed that if I were five... The people in the tanks were actually waving to us, but as far as I can see nobody waved back...

At night we binged on hagen daaz chocolate ice while watching CSI. It was a perfect end to a pretty perfect day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home