ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Fish

A few updates since my last post.
First, my husband and brother have found a new love
Fish!

My brother came home with 2 fishes one day
An angel fish and a pink one.
We called the first Tiger and the second Pinky.

My brother has no clue how to look after fish.
He loves them.
But many times in the past, the fishes he brought home
Would inevitably pass on
One after the other.

This time hubby and I went out to buy a pump
It was too big for the small tank.
The fishes were traumatised...
The next day Tiger was found afloat...

The next step was a bigger tank
We found one at yahoo auctions.
A glass tank 18 inches long
But its just Pinky in a (relatively) huge tank!

So my mom bought more fish.
2 black goldfish and 6 small fishes

I dunno, perhaps the pump was too small now.
But one black goldfish died the next day.

My hubby quickly bought another pump
Let's hope that's the end of our fish casualties, I thought to myself..

But no.. More drama this time!
Pinky acts like a bully. My brother found one the surviving black goldfish's eye lying at the bottom of the tank!
"Mata Hitam dah kudung!"
Oh no!

So we removed the now blind black goldfish to another tank.
But he quickly died. There were also some blood loss.
I realy felt quite sad.
I wonder how pet owners cope with all the emotional loss!

Anyway we had to remove Pinky from the big tank too,
Because he was chasing the other fishes around the tank.
We placed him in a small tub, but made sure he had enough Oxygen.

Well Pinky's time was up too. My dad found him on the floor the next day.
He had jumped out of the tub.

The 6 small fishes also became 5.
I have no idea what we are doing wrong.
But the casualties seem never ending.
And so ends my fishy tale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home