ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Al Majlis

My brother told me just now that he has a gig at Al-Majlis
That's a cafe at Arab Street
Where he works part time.

Let's go to support him.. after all tomorrow's a public holiday!
Ok set!

So we arrived at Al-Majlis at 9.15
My hubby, sis, youngest bro and me.
Gig was supposed to start at 9pm...
When we arrived, it doesn't look like there was going to be any performance...

No extension cords.. says my bro..
Then later,
No power...

And so we waited, and waited....
And finally the "gig" started

It wasn't exactly a disaster...
My bro played pretty well actually..
I thought he would have been a success if he had played solo...

My hubbs said the other guitar was out of tune
Yet they kept on playing...

Oh my poor ears!!!

Anyway, we had a lot of fun criticising everything...
There was this guy who was full of himself..
He kept on posing for the girls...
My sis was snapping shots of the performance..
And he really posed for the pictures...
Hee hee hee

All in all, it was a fun night.
I had a great time..
The music was not too bad...
Like I said, my bro's rendering of Eagles' Hotel California was quite good
Too bad he was overshadowed by the other fellow's loud twangy guitar...

Oh well.. practice makes perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home