ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Too Young?

I have received this a lot
And from Many different people...

People will say.. "You look so young!"
Some people think I'm "still studying"
Others don't believe I'm a professional
When they see me
I think their confidence in my ability slips a notch...

I think that's why I prefer to liase with my clients over the phone
Rather than in person
Sigh.... The irony is that
Most other people would love to look so young

The clincher was this
I was talking to a colleague just now
She is in her third trimester
I'm not very close to her

But I revealed my "good news" to her..
She said oh yes she suspected
Cos I look so sickly all the time these days
But she didn't want to ask...
Because I look so young
She was not even sure whether I was married
I look too young to be married....

Oh wow...
How to react to that?

Of course I glossed it over
Accepted it as a compliment...
But I realise now that its still bugging me...

Oh well.. could be the hormones...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home