ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Monday, June 26, 2006

In the name of Fun, pls don't take offence at the pet names thrown in.. hee hee...

Everybody looked at me in surprise
With raised eyebrows and incredulity in their faces
When I first broke the news

"You? Are you sure?"
My sister even went on to point out
"You, with your sweaty hands.. You can meh?"

That really did not help my self confidence a whit
Given a choice I would have backed out
But the poor dear insisted.

I volunteered my sister's services
Sal volunteered her neighbour's
But the steel-headed princess was adamant
"I want to be comfortable and I am comfortable with you."
Talk about stress

I went to the library and borrowed
A book about it
But did not have time to look at it (what with wailing baby and moving my furniture around - more on that later)

I borrowed Su's supplies
That titanium-headed empress dowager
Wanted eye-liner and mascara
I have, in my lifetime, touched those items
A grand total of three times!

Panic!

D Day came.
Last minute tips from Su:
"Apply here, here, here"
"Base colour, highlighter, definer"
"Steady hand with the eyeliner"
Etcetra etcetra...

I felt like I was cramming for an exam!

"Mak Andam dah sampai.."
joked her mom.

Stress!

Oh my, look at the time - I have less than an hour
Stress!
"The empress dowager jokingly remarked, "Don't depend on my clock, its ten minutes slow.."
My heart almost stopped!

The Queen's sister popped her head in when we were halfway done
"The guy's side is here..." (The purpose of which, I suspect, is to make her lil sis freak out, but I was the one who did!)

He he he he...

But actually (my over-exaggerated hyperventilating account of what happened aside) it was very fun.
Been some time since the four of us got together like that
We must do it more often...

And...

I liked the result of my painting efforts
Very much!

And congratulations dear
You looked really pretty and radiant
(if I may say so myself, he he..)

And I will pray for you, for your happiness, and marital bliss
May Allah bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home