ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Monday, June 12, 2006

Silly Ol' Me

I walked up to my car
And pressed and pressed the button to disengage my car alarm.
Nothing happened. I rubbed hard at the device.
Still nothing. Must be the battery

And clever me,
I happily unlocked the car manually.

The alarms (must have) woke(n) up the dead
In the silent night.
It sounded a little like a police car chase (chasing me)

Wee-OU-weE-Ou-Wee-ou- WEE-OU-WEE-OU

I was so conscious of neighbours walking to their windows to curiously peer down, whose car is being stolen?

I happily thought that starting the engine would stop the alarm.
But it did not.
I panicked.
I shut off the engine.

Still, Wee-OU-weE-Ou-Wee-ou- WEE-OU-WEE-OU

Then it stopped.

I opened the car door.
Wee-OU-weE-Ou-Wee-ou- WEE-OU-WEE-OU
I quickly shut the door. With me still inside.

The alarm stopped about 2 minutes later.
I was trapped in the car. Car doors locked, engine off. No air con.
Hot and stuffy.

I called hubby.
"There is a little button at the side panel, near the accelerator. Start the engine and push that button and the alarm will be disabled. But be careful, the washer (correct spelling you technical people?) is missing. The button may disappear if you push too hard."

"Where, I can't find it..." as I groped around and found a tiny "stick" jutting out.. and pushed it.. all the way in... "Oops.."

So I grit my teeth, opened the door (Wee-OU-weE-Ou-Wee-ou- WEE-OU-WEE-OU)... Got out of the car, waited for the alarm to shut off, tried to avoid the stares of curious onlookers and called my dad to borrow his car keys.

Much later (the next day), after we changed the batteries on my car keys, the alarm would still not disable when I press the button.
And we figured out why...

I have itchy fingers. I vaguely remembered fiddling with the alarm in the MRT, and happily locking the mechanism.

Gatal, gatal...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home