ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Huff and Puff

This morning as I was huffing and puffing around the jogging track
I bumped into my neighbour.
I privately call her "makcik jogging" as I (used to) see her every morning leading a group of neighbours doing tai qi (back when I used to jog nearly every morning).
Ironic because I was the one doing the jogging, not her. But the name stuck.

"Not easy to lose weight, huh?" she commented to me in sympathy.

I think she must have been imagining how I looked back then compared to this lump of fat bouncing up and down while painstakingly putting one foot in front of the other and blowing out gusts of breath with every step.

"Nope, not easy. InsyaAllah it may take 1 more year." I managed to gasp out.

"InsyaAllah."

Amin! Suddenly I had an extra burst of energy and would have jogged one more round if not for the time constraint.

So for you folks who are constantly tempting me with Swensens (or rather, who I constantly tempt with Swensens, he he) please remind me of my resolution every time I stray, ok? That's 10 more kilos to go in a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home