ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rudeness

I encountered two discourteous persons on my way to work today. The first is an Indian guy, tall and broad shouldered. He was wearing a blue dress shirt. I suppose an executive. He rushed to the escalator at Tampines MRT station, to get to the platform, and casually "shouldered" aside a petite Chinese lady. I think his shoulders hit her ear... I could not help myself. "Wow.. What a gentleman!" I remarked loudly. Urrgh! I simply cannot abide such ill-mannered, self-centered behaviour, especially coming from some executive yuppie! I think he should have heard me. I know the lady certainly did.. But I'm not certain he recognised that the barb was meant for him... sigh....

The next fellow was standing in my way when I was about to alight the train at Raffles Place MRT. Again, a smartly clad Chinese fellow, in long-sleeved white shirt, complete with tie. As I was about to step off, he stepped onto the train, thus barring my way. In my mind I was already going: "Grrr... Excuse me, don't you know you are supposed to give way to alighting passengers? Have you no manners at all? Or is it just that your puny mind is ill-equipped to learn???" But, the time to alight is limited, too short for the tirade I had in mind, so I gritted my teeth, and walked around him instead... But I was fuming all the while....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home