ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Small Things

I was pondering what to blog about next
(Considering that I have received more than a few helpful hints to "move my blog along..." - it is suffering from a bad case of inertia)

So I came up with a question
What is the difference between a day that is crap and a day that has one whistling at closing time?
The routine may be exactly the same
Get up, go to work, go home, go to sleep.
The difference is in the small things.

For example:
I look forward to my morning chats with the cleaning lady at my office (when I'm early at work)
I would try to converse in Mandarin
And she'll praise me incessantly
And speak to me in Malay (which is flawless)

I also actually take a perverted type of pleasure in "cursing" self-absorbed and selfish drivers on the way to work..
Especially taxi drivers... and drivers with luxury cars
Sometimes they think they own the road... He he he... I guess its a weird habit
But saying "stupid', but nevertheless giving way, is much better than my being hopelessly egotistical
And ending up in an accident, or road rage....

More...
I also take pleasure in
calculating the distance my car had travelled per litre of fuel
After every petrol top-up
And I always feel gleeful when this number
goes above 16 (km/l)!!!

During my jog yesterday, I spied:
(1) a man with his grandson, first walking along the jogging track, and then on the swing...
(2) a little boy with his sister playing badminton (the type of game where the shuttlecock drops after every 2-3 hits)...
(3) a girl jogging ahead of me (slowly), who made me wonder whether she is jogging for jogging's sake, or whether she is showing off her clothes (short shorts) as well as her swaying b_tt... (Of course.. its none of my business....!!!)

And so it goes, the small things, the good things...
I try not to dwell on the ones equate to crap
But rather the ones that whistle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home