ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Saturday, April 16, 2005

All About Image

Those who know me will know that I have horrible fashion sense
I have a very limited number of clothes
If I like something, I'll wear it
Again and again
Until it looks very old and "not suitable" for outside wear...

Sigh....
I wish I am one of those who love to go shopping
Oh its not so bad.. I don't detest it
But when you have bills and debts left right and center
You feel the pinch to fork out $100 for that new pair of pants...
(And I'm big sized, so its difficult to find clothes that fit for bargain prices...)
(Also, I'm one of those who would rather spend the extra $100 for that book I've been eyeing...!)
Sigh...

My family call me "selekeh" (messy/untidy/cannot be bothered)
(Luckily my darling hubby don't really care...)
My parents always scold me for not looking "professional" enough...
With my face squeaky clean (free of make-up, not pimples)...
Certainly not the image of confidence that a professional should exude!!!

Last night I stayed overnight at my parents'.
I have some old clothes at their house.
I put them on this morning to go to work.

My sister exclaimed: "You are wearing THAT to work?!!!"
Oh oh..
"Yeah..," I said... "Its casual Saturday."
"NO NO NO! Its embarassing!" Vehement response from little sis
She started pulling out clothes from her wardrobe.
"Here. Try this and this"
And so I ended up wearing my sister's clothes to work today.
And I had to put on make-up and changed my lipstick colour twice
Under Mom's scrutinization (colour too dark for my face)

And so.. I have made a new resolution
I shall buy new clothes every month
New casual wear and new office wear....
So that I can throw/give away those clothes old enough that they can no longer function
Without my family screaming at me to change!

My hubby is picking me up to go shopping later...
My sis says the Parisians will laugh at my wardrobe if I don't get a make-over soon...
Too true...
Now why am I dreading this shopping trip?
I'm too weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home