ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Reality Sinks In

During a conversation with 2 secretaries in the office on (what else?) their labour experience...

Sec1: When the doctor puts her hand in, I was cringing away and got scolded.

Me: Wait a minute, you mean they put their hands up your vagiina?

Sec2: Yes, of course. (like duh!)

Me: Oh! Can fit meh? The vagina can fit the whole hand?

Sec1: (Like Duh!) Of course! Hello, it can fit the baby. Sure can fit hand one... Baby very big, you know...

Me: (Thinking) Alamak!

And so I momentarily panicked as I drown in a dose of reality.

Still feeling shaky hours (or days) later, I consulted Rehanna (my "being pregnant and what to do" guru).

Me: Is it true?

Rehanna: yeah. They have to put their hands in to check how much the cervix has dilated...

Me: Oh.. (I had the rosy picture that they can somehow see this from outside, without any need to insert anything...) But won't it hurt?

Rehanna: Like I said before, by then you will be in so much pain, you won't care what they do below...

Me: !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home