ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Mosque Porridge aka Bubur Masjid

I don't know what it is about Ramadhan
But it seems to me that Muslims just go berserk about the free porridge given out at the mosques after asar.

Well, I am no exception.
I have been craving bubur masjid since the first day of ramadhan yesterday.
There is something about the aroma of the porridge,
the spices....
That just makes you go... yummm.....
I'm salivating right now....

Anyway yesterday I had the gynae appointment at 4
And I waited so long at the clinic that by the time I was done, all the bubur would have been finished already...

Just now, I decided to drop by Maulana Mosque at UOB Plaza, near my work place.
After asar, I did not wait for the recitations of doas, I went out...
And saw a long queue of men already waiting behind a container of bubur masjid,
carrying plastic bags, or tupperwares...

I could not very well join the queue...
So in disappointment I turned back to the office....
Where I complained to my fellow colleague.

He says, ask Cik Dollah (who is a court clerk, so he runs around a lot) to take for you next time lah...
Ok, I say, I'll do so..

Then I got on the phone and poured out my woes to Z....

And in the middle of my rantings, Cik Dollah appears in my room with a plastic bag of bubur from Masjid Omar! For baby, he says.

Alhamdulillah!!!!

I am so happy now... The fragrance of the porridge is still very strong... My tummy is doing the keroncong....

I'm going to get nice sweet Cik Dollah something for Hari Raya! Like Z says, Yasmin can be easily swept off her feet by food! He he he....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home