ponderance

a place to let go...

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Hari Raya Fever

A sense of odd calm
which always follows a frenzied weekend
washes over me..
...Otherwise known as
"zombie mode"...

Hari Raya is finally over...
Holy Ramadhan has slipped us by

I feel sad and glad
For various reasons..

My first Hari Raya together
With my beloved partner
Sweet and memorable
Although peppered with pangs of nostalgia

Glad too because I love gettogethers
It gives one a sense of belonging
The communal spirit
The sense of family

Amidst the noise and the crowds and the laughter
Lies the contentment
And the joy

Sad because it will be a while before I meet some loved ones again
Sad because I did not do enough during Ramadhan
Sad for the lost opportunities
Sad for the fact that the season will be over soon.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home